German as a foreign language lessons starting May 18th
Starting May 18th students learning German as a foreign language in Group 2a (Ms. Obermayr-Rauter), 2b (Ms. Freimüller), and Group 3 (Ms. Mödlhammer) will have one scheduled lesson once a week.
The groups will be divided into group A and group B and the lessons will be scheduled in WebUntis from 13:30 – 14:20. The German teacher of your child will inform you whether your child will attend the lessons of group A or group B and on which day (Tuesday or Thursday) this lesson will take place.
It is very important to us that after many weeks your child will also have the possibility again to practice her/his oral skills in a classroom setting.
Starting June 3rd also Group 1 (Mr. DiCillo) will have one scheduled lesson once a week (either Monday or Wednesday). Ms. Freimüller will cover these lessons for Mr. DiCillo.
This group will also be divided into group A and group B.
Further information concerning the other German as a foreign language groups will follow.
The IB Ceremony, which was planned for July, has been postponed to a la later date. We feel that it is important for parents and students to have a proper graduation ceremony and we intend to organize one for a later date.
The May 2020 IB Examinations have been cancelled. The following information has been published by the IBO:
23 March 2020
To our IB Students and Families,
The International Baccalaureate Organization has announced that the May examinations for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and Career-related Programme will not be held this year due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic.
As an organization, it is critical for the IB to ensure that the options it provides its global community of IB World Schools are based on compassion and fairness for the difficult circumstances that its students and educators are experiencing. As a result, based on considerable advice from stakeholders across the globe, including schools, students, universities and official bodies, the IB has determined what it believes to be the most responsible and ethical way forward.
The May 2020 examinations as scheduled between 30 April and 22 May for Diploma Programme and Career-related Programme candidates will no longer be held.
Depending on what they registered for, the student will be awarded a Diploma or a Course Certificate which reflects their standard of work. This is based on student’s coursework and the established assessment expertise, rigor and quality control already built into the programmes.
We know parents and student will have many questions. The IB will share full details and FAQs with us and on their website by 27 March 2020.
Online courses can be seen here! Students should log in using their school account.
Dear Parents and Students: From Monday, March 16th, only those students can come to school whose parents need to go to work. Further information from the Ministry of Education will be posted on our homepage as soon as available. Thank you for your understanding.
Dear students of Year 8: Based on the latest statutory regulations, VWA presentations have to be suspended and will take place at a later date. Further information will be published as available. The presentations that were planned from March 16th to March 20th do NOT take place!
Information to parents and students on Corona/COVID-19
Because of the increasing demand for information, please read the following points carefully:
1. Up to this point there is no confirmed case of Corona in Europagymnasium Auhof (of which LISA is a school branch).
2. The Austrian minister of education Mr. Faßmann has instructed all students of the upper classes (Classes 5-8) to stay at home starting Monday March 16, 2020. The lower classes (classes 1-4) should stay at home starting Wednesday March 18, 2020. Those lower-class students who cannot be supervised at home can be supervised in school. This regulation continues up to start of the Easter vacation.
3. The crisis management team of the Austrian government recommends that all school trips and school events are to be cancelled up to further notice. This means that the Japan exchange, the England trips of 4L and 4M, the Project week of 4A and 4C, the Circus of 1F and 1G and the Matura information of the 8th classes – all school events up to Easter – are definitely cancelled. On Friday, it will be decided if the VWA-presentations (Austrian Matura) will take place as planned.
4. There will be a common e-learning platform for all lower classes. There will be a Moodle course for each class and teachers will publish study material there. Teachers of the upper classes can use alternative forms of communication they have agreed upon with their students. The Moodle Platform can be accessed by clicking the orange coloured “m” on the right side of this page.
5. We will follow the regulations of the Austrian government that no more than 100 people are to be in one room. This means that also the Theatre performances of the 4L and 4M as well as the performances of the 3F and 3G are cancelled or postponed.
6. I request that despite these unusual measures, all members of the school remain calm and I request that the normal educational procedures are maintained as far as possible.
Linz, on March 12th, 2020
Mag. Franz Weißhäupl (headmaster)
Distance learning Europagymnasium Auhof
Lower grades (1-4): Wednesday, March 18th, until the Easter break. If needed, there will be supervision in school. Work assignments will be published in Moodle. Higher grades (5-8): Monday, March 16th, until the Easter break. Work assingments as instructed by the teacher.
At the heart of our school and the success of our students are the people that make it up. It is the energy, enthusiasm, and ingenuity of our staff that creates the experiences, opportunities, and special atmosphere our pupils enjoy.